I love hanging out with people but I’m obsessed with my alone time. There’s no doubt I recharge on my own. One of my favorite things to do is be in my little apartment, open up all the windows in order to let the natural light brighten up my space, and crank my music (my neighbors probably hate me).
I’ve been working on updating a few things in my apartment to make it feel more like home. Of course, I’m awesome at finding beautiful furniture and decorative accents on Pinterest and online websites that are well out of my budget. One can dream though, right? Here are a few pieces that have inspired me to make my space my own.
Floor pillows, cross decorative pillow, white throw blanket, decorative planters, solid gray pillow, wood trays, table, Warhol print, chair
A few of my friends and sister are expecting — hooray for reproducing! It’s a very exciting time as it’s the first for some.
I got lucky and found a ridiculously inexpensive, direct flight to Miami in order to attend Steph’s baby shower this past weekend. A little background on friendship with Steph:
- We’ve been friends for over a decade and I couldn’t be more blessed to have her in my life.
- She’s beyond creative. Check out her shop here.
- She sees the best in everyone.
- She has taught me what a true, generous, and loving friendship should really be like.
- She has rejoiced with me during moments of joy and success and has cried with me during the hiccups life surprises you with.
In other words, I HAD to be there to celebrate her and this next life stage. Here are a few photos from her beautiful shower.
And, Steph, if you read this post – you and Danny will be the greatest parents. Baby Canto doesn’t know how blessed she is to have parents like you guys. xx
You’re about to learn a lot about me. Sorry? Truth is, I’m not really sorry. I think it’s important to indulge in your favorite things. Whether embarrassing, odd, or totally relatable, guilty pleasures keep us sane. Here are a few of mine. What are yours?
- Putting my phone on airplane mode after 7pm. Bye, world.
- Watching period piece shows or movies. Thank you PBS Masterpiece.
- Late night Taco Bell, seated on the floor, while listening to some of my favorite music.
- Sleeping late without being interrupted. Hello, living by yourself!
- Soaking in a bubble bath with lavender essential oils, candles, and bubbly.
- Nutella. Straight out of the container. Yeah, I double dip.
- People watching.
- Solo picnic at the park with a book near by.
- Sneaking away to watch a mid-afternoon movie.
- Smashing an entire large pizza while binge watching a show. I know, I’m cute.
- Blasting music and dancing my heart out.
- Having a YES day. There’s just one rule: Say yes to everything (safety first, of course)