JUST ENJOYED …
“Delivering Happiness” by Tony Hsieh
- inspire and be inspired
- make your work a happier place
- share your happy stories with others
- Focus on company culture as the #1 priority
- Apply research from the science of happiness to running a business
- Help employees grow-both personally and professionally
- Seek to change the world
- Yep! It’s an easy, fun and insightful read.
- Take the “Happiness at Work Survey“
CURRENTLY READING …
1. “The Happiness Project” by Gretchen Rubin
- I’ve laughed out loud.
- I’ve nodded in agreement.
- Skimmed a few paragraphs.
- Made some notes on things I know I can quickly apply.
Favorite quotes (thus far…):
- “Do good, feel good.”
- “You don’t have to be good at everything.”
- “If you can’t find something, clean up.”
- “All men seek happiness. This is without exception. Whatever different means they employ, they all tend to this end.”
- It’s too soon to tell.
2. “Our Virtual Shadow” by Damon Brown
- I’ve enjoyed this read.
- Full of nuggets and insights about using social media tools while also teaching us how to stay present in our real lives.
- Interesting considering most of us are a little obsessed with documenting our lives online.
- “To my wife. I promise to be fully present with you every day.”
- “Our tech dependency is actually changing how we remember.”
- “It’s like the infamous 2012 iPhone 4S commercial in which actress Zooey Deschanel asks Siri if it’s raining – instead of lifting her head and seeing for herself that it’s storming right outside of her window.”
- Duh, it’s a TED Books reco.
ABOUT TO FINISH UP…
“Come Thirsty” by Max Lucado
- I’ve really enjoyed this read.
- It’s an encouraging, uplifting yet direct read.
- At times a little repetitive. But let’s be real, most of us need to hear things time and time again before we actually get it.
- “Do whatever you need to do. But just know this: God is on my side.”
- “God hands a bucket of love to the Spirit and instructs, ‘Douse their hearts.'”
- “Waiting doesn’t mean inactivity – rather inHIMactivity. Waiting means watching for him.”
- “The spiritual person is Spirit dependent, Spirit directed, Spirit dominated.”
- “You are his. Period.”
- If you feel dry, edgy, ineffective … This is a great read to help refresh and redirect your heart and mind.
- If you feel none of the above… It’s still a great read to help prepare you for the seasons of drought.