Sometimes homes are built for one. Either way, Winston Churchill said it best, “We shape our dwellings, and afterwards our dwellings shape us”
Here are some reasons why I love living solitary…
- I may not sing well, but it doesn’t matter: It’s a perk of living on your own.
- I can wake up whenever I want to. This is particularly awesome when I choose to wake up at 1 in the afternoon on a Saturday.
- There’s no clutter: I own only the essentials.
- I can put things wherever I want.
- I can spend endless hours sipping on coffee (or red wine) while reading a book.
- Some nights I make a favorite recipe, or on others I simply dip some veggies & pita in hummus and eat it standing up. When I’m naughty, I eat dinner in bed.
- I can sleep with nothing but 2 to 3 immensely fluffy pillows.
- The bathroom is always clean.
Whether your living for one, two or a few. Home is what (& who) you fill it with.