Let’s face it, we spend the majority of our time at work… with the same people… day in and day out. If you’re lucky, you actually like your work. And if you’re really lucky you actually like the people you work with. I consider myself very blessed — I enjoy my work and the people I work with! Here are 6 qualities of people I genuinely love to work with:
- They let others (the team) take the credit. they delight in gaining a private sense of fulfillment from seeing others receive public recognition–because that means everyone wins.
- They have a knack for finding the silver lining in every dark cloud. They know there is always a silver lining–you just have to be willing to look. And by looking, they spread a sense of optimism and enthusiasm–something that is often in short supply.
- They think before they speak. They know their words and actions will leave a lasting impact, so they do everything possible to get it right. Even when everything around them seems to be going wrong.
- They don’t crave constant validation. They are proud of their accomplishments and the only validation that truly matters is found in the mirror.
- They listen more than they talk. Some people can really blab. The ones I really admire are the ones who listen more than they talk.
- They make you feel smarter than you really are. They make their ideas feel like our ideas. They make you feel a part of the solution. Which in turn makes you work harder.
I hope you have good people around you at work. More importantly, I hope you’re one of the good ones.