Learn something new and share something new. It can be easy to get stuck in a routine. Sometimes we lose track of what is important and what fuels us to be better. I love learning but have to admit there are plenty of times where I just crash on my couch after a long day of work and watch hours upon hours of Netflix. I’m sure Frank Underwood is teaching me things (or what things not to do) but truth is, I could / should be using that time to learn, develop or explore something new. These days I’m working on developing a creative habit. Many of us live in chaos – things are always changing and unraveling.
I can only imaging that creativity help shape the mush around us into something – of creating our own order. With that said, these days I’m focusing on:
- Doing something creative every day. It can be anything for as short or long a time as you’d like. A sketch, a creative blog, a podcast, a film, your food, etc.
- Not going too crazy with art supplies. I’m just walking around with my laptop, pocket size journal, and a mechanical pencil.
- Being consistent. Hello commitment. It can be so easy to not stick to something. I’ve got reminders set up on my phone in order to keep myself accountable.
- Skipping perfection. I like to be right and do things right so this is an exceptionally important thing for me to keep top of mind. It’s ok that I’m not ‘good’ at it – the point is there is beauty in imperfection.
- Just saying yes to this. I’m hoping in a few days I’ll find that this was totally worth it.