Packing can be a nightmare for some. Packing light can be even scarier. I go home (Florida) for an extended time in December each year because I love nothing more than to be with family during the holidays. This year, I’ll be spending 18 days in sunny Florida!
Now, traveling during the holidays can be rough; so, in order to avoid as many pain points as possible at the airport, it is my goal to fit everything in a carry-on. This minimizes the lines I have to make and the people I have to interact with (hallelu!). I have already reduced my closet through the help of a capsule wardrobe so creating a mini travel capsule wardrobe doesn’t seem impossible. Below is a suggested wardrobe for an 18 day trip to Miami.
- Pack things you love
- Pick a color scheme and stick to it.
- Limit the number of shoes (I recommend a max of 3).
- Stick to 1 handbag.
Mini Capsule Wardrobe Breakdown:
- 7 tops (or 5-6 tops and 1 dress)
- 4 bottoms (you can get away with just 3)
- 3 shoes (think comfortable, casual, and night out)
- 1 set of pajamas
- Minimal jewelry/accessories (these don’t usually take up space, so feel free to add more)