Hello, 2019! I had the most wonderful time with family during the holidays. Now, it’s back to real life. I’m looking forward to new adventures, experiences, and moments.
I usually do a little reflection on the past year, as most do, in preparation for the new one. I learned a lot in 2018. I had some amazing moments which I’m so thankful for. I also faced some challenges which I am also thankful for. Each moment shapes us, informs us, and ultimately strengthens us. Here are a few things I learned in 2018:
You can’t do it all. That’s ok.
The more you own, the more that owns you.
Not everyone that says they want the best for you really does.
Being kind is more important than being right.
Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
Don’t take yourself so seriously.
Over-prepare, then go with the flow.
However good or bad a situation, it is temporary.
Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful.
Take a deep breath.
Take it one day at a time.
Here are a few life lessons I’ve learned so far. Mostly because sometimes life comes at you hard.
- The secret to happiness is the acceptance of yourself.
- You can’t do it all. That’s ok.
- The more you own, the more that owns you.
- The hardest is found in the easiest.
- Follow your gut.
- Spend time alone with yourself every day.
- The truth will set you free.
- Being kind is more important than being right.
- LIfe isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously.
- Laugh with someone. Laugh alone. Laugh at yourself. Just laugh.
- Make peace with your past.
- If a relationship has to be secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
- Overprepare, then go with the flow.
- However good or bad a situation, it is temporary.
- Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger. Thank you, Kelly Clarkson.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- Take a deep breath. This too will pass.
- Life isn’t tied with a boy, but it’s still a gift.
- Call your parents.
- You don’t need everyone to like you.
- I am not the center of the universe and neither are you.
- Doubt kills.
- Own your mistakes. Move on.
- Surround yourself with brilliance. If you’re the smartest one in the room, find another room.
- Be Yourself.
- Make tough decisions.
- Skills can be taught. Character you either have or you do not have.